Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Drained

Day eight is going fine, still just sipping my water. But I'm really feeling tired and drained now. I've been sleeping so much the last few days. Being on just water for this long is definitely an energy zapper. But I just keep thinking about all the energy my body is pulling from my fat. I can't wait to weigh on Saturday!

Lulu (http://ginandtrouble.blogspot.com/) left a very encouraging comment, but also asked about metabolism and whether I'm worried about it dropping. This is definitely an issue with fasting. It will cause your metabolism to slow down significantly. This is why breaking a fast can actually be harder than doing the fast.

It's incredibly easy to gain weight after a fast, as I found out after my last one. The important thing is to very slowly reintroduce foods to your body, starting with nutrient dense, low calorie foods such as raw fruits and vegetables. Your metabolism will go back up if you give it time. Also weight training is a great way to increase your metabolism.

When I was doing all my research about fasting and the benefits, I read that fasting cleans out your body so well that it is able to run better. It said that it can actually improve your metabolism in the long run, though this is assuming you don't immediately pollute your body with bad foods right after the fast.

Basically a successful fast depends as much on the weeks after as it does on the weeks during. I'm still trying to figure out when I'm going to end mine. I'm thinking that I will end it on Sunday the 5th of April. That will give me two weeks before my boyfriend's birthday to work my way up to a more normal diet. Hopefully I can avoid gaining after the fast.

I hope this answers your question, Lulu. And I hope you're not scared away from fasting. I still think it is quite a powerful weight loss method. Thanks so much to other commenters!

Stay strong and beautiful ladies! <3

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment on my blog!

    Your advice on fasting is fantastic.... that's something I haven't achieved, is really doing well after the fast. Hopefully this fast will be different.

    Good luck continuing your fast, I'll be thinking about you for motivation for prolonging mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats pretty much why I dont fast - I'm great at not eating and im great at eating too much but i dont think i could stay in control long enough to reintroduce food slowly - a typical all or nothing kinda girl. I didnt want to be preachy or whatever coz i know you know your shit! keep up the good work! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say thank you, i had questions about fasting and this blog has answered them all. Also your a great inspiration i think it will help keep me motivated when i start my own fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.


    Insert Zappers

    ReplyDelete