Monday, March 23, 2009

Extending the Water

It's been far too long since I've written, but I had some computer issues and then an incredibly busy weekend. Plus still trying to avoid my roommate seeing this; it's harder to avoid her on weekends.

Anyway today is day Fourteen! It's really going by quickly. I'm definitely feeling much more renewed than I was last time I posted. Weighing definitely did the trick. I decided to continue on the water fast until I could weigh because I wanted an accurate picture of how much I was losing just on water. Eight and a half pounds in one week and it wasn't even the first week! I'm so thrilled. This is way way more than I was losing on the juice fast. I don't ever want to stop fasting now.

I'm going to keep on water at least until April and just do a week of juice before I start incorporating foods. I have to be ready for real food at least by April 18th. I'll probably change my plans twenty more times before then. I'm just feeling obsessed with being as skinny as possible for my boyfriend's birthday. My jeans are practically falling off me now, which I love even though I know they look terrible. And my neck is starting to look so amazing, my bones are so pronounced. I'm thinking I may splurge and buy something new and small to wear for him.

My trip to the zoo ended up going fine and it was easy to avoid going out to eat. Thanks especially to Kat for the encouragement on that front. It really is hard to give up on friends and relationship for the sake of starving.

KQ, thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement. To answer your question about working out, no I don't work out while I fast. Water fasting is pretty intense and very energy draining. I go to culinary school and my classes are six hours long. Six hours running around an intense kitchen is enough to leave me totally exhausted by the time it's over when all I have for energy is water. My classes go to late at night, so working out in the day just wouldn't leave me enough energy to make it through class. I do play around with weights a little bit, but when I do my goal isn't to totally wear myself out, if that makes sense.

Everyone's body is different so your energy levels during a fast will be different. I think it's important to stay active, but also important to reserve energy. You don't want to call attention to yourself by over doing it. It's a personal thing to know what your body can handle, just have to carefully test it out.

Thanks for all your encouragement and comments. I love you gals! <3

5 comments:

  1. Wow you've done so well, so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome - about your jeans getting really big for you and your neck bones protruding. You should splurge on something to reward yourself and motivate you. :) Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hun, keep posting. You're so inspiring. I need your blog for mental support. Stay strong. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so proud and happy of/for you! You are such an inspiration and motivating. I'm glad the zoo experience went well and you didn't have to needlessly break the fast. This post made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! That sounds like amazing progress, I'm happy things are going so well for you :D

    ReplyDelete